Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Fabulous Baker Boy

I was reading a magazine that recommended this place. Tucked safely at Fort Canning Hill opposite Liang Court, it was a place that I would definitely not have chanced upon. 


I ordered a Towkay Ng's Eggs Benedict ($10.50). It is probably one of the cheapest egg benedicts you can find in Singapore. I loved this dish- the two egg benedicts were served on warm toasted brioche with a layer of sauteed spinach. The egg white was firm with runny egg yolk. The roasted potatoes felt a little extra though. The portion was, however, not enough for someone with a huge appetite. I went on to try some pancakes and they were really fluffy.


Desserts are a must-order here. Feeling more adventurous than my usual chocolate-cake-only order, I got a Salted Caramel Chocolate Torte ($7.50). I didn't regret choosing this. Layers of rich and moist chocolate, were complemented perfectly by the salted caramel. So delightful.


Based on the food alone, I would recommend this place. But service from a particular server was ridiculous. To cut the long story short, place your reservations well in advance otherwise the server may not give you a seat even if the tables are empty. One table only indoors, with a very small table. Sitting outside might be a better choice if you don't want to feel so cramped.

The Fabulous Baker Boy
The Foothills
70 River Valley Road
#01-15
Tel No.: 6 694 8336 

5 comments:

Wow. Is the service there that bad? Thought of making a trip to the cafe, but the reviews I've read do not recommend the place.

my experience there with a particular server was quite bad! the cakes are honestly not bad though!

I hope you don't mind me and my enquiries, but was the server female or male? I've read a lot about this one particular male server. Lol.

Hahaa female! One was friendly the other wasnt!

Post a Comment