Saturday, May 9, 2015

Fatty Cheong

I love looking at IKEA catalogues. They make living spaces look so comfortable yet simple. But I never really felt the urge to head down to IKEA because it's rather far from where I stay. However, my friend's friend had been telling him how wonderful the food at ABC Brickworks was. 

With the mentality of one stone kill two birds, we decided to go to ABC Brickworks and IKEA. 

We went to Fatty Cheong and ordered a plate of Char Siew and Roasted Pork ($13- for 2 people's portion). 


This place is known for its Bu Jian Tian (the armpit cut) where the meat is more tender and there is a thin layer of fats. Sometimes when I eat the char siew rice from my favourite stall along Tanjong Katong, I decide whether I like it based on how many pieces of fatty meat there are- the more fatty pieces, the better. The roasted pork here would also crackle on each bite, with the belachan chilli being a welcome dip to the meat.


Fatty Cheong serves good char siew and roasted pork, but I'm not sure if it's worth queuing more than 10 minutes for this.

Fatty Cheong
ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre
6 Jalan Bukit Merah
#01-120

1 comments:

Post a Comment