Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kenny Rogers Roasters

Kenny Rogers Roasters, along with restaurants like Sizzler, Jack's Place and Swensen's were the kind of places that we used to go when we were young to celebrate special occasions. 


Although I've not eaten at Kenny Rogers for what must have been a decade, the corn muffins are still my favourite! With cupcakes shop sprouting everywhere, nobody cares about the dainty cupcakes' distant cousin, the slightly coarser muffin. Don't mind me, I'm just a little sentimental that it's the end of an era for Gramophone, a place I used to buy all my CDs from.

Anyway, these muffins came out fresh from the oven- warm, not too sweet, and with little corn bits! How often do you see square muffins anyway?


I ordered the famous Roasted Chicken which came with two sides. The roasted chicken was absolutely delicious- juicy meat, non fatty skin and a nicely peppered skin!


The food here brought back memories of what it was like to be a kid, where eating Kenny Rogers was a treat. But now, it's simply not a place where you would pop by if you had a million other food options staring at you. It's just a place you would feel an urge to step into if you haven't gone there for a long time.

Kenny Rogers Roasters 
Parkway Parade
80 Marine Parade Road
Tel No: 6345 9117 

0 comments:

Post a Comment