Saturday, January 7, 2012

Golden Prawn 933 (Batam)

I know I've been spamming reviews about Batam. Food reviews (in Singapore) will be back very soon, after I'm done with reviews on Batam! 

I think here's the place where everybody goes if they sign up for a tour package: Golden Prawn 933. I was reading a few reviews online just now and saw that some reviews stated that this is one of the best seafood places in Batam. I beg to differ, but for what we paid as part of the package, I think the quality of the food is proportionate to what we paid. 


This was before the crowds started streaming in. We were given 6 dishes and 1 soup for 7 people.


Who doesn't love deep fried stuff? But the batter for this calamari or deep fried sotong (whichever you want to call it) was a little hard.


It was too messy to eat this crab, so I didn't eat it. But anyway, the crab was pretty small for 7 people, if everybody ate it.


This fish dish was fine because the pineapples helped to mask some of the fishy taste.


This crayfish was not fresh. You could taste the fishiness of the crayfish and I don't think they cleaned the crayfish well.


There was also some unidentified meatball soup, kang kong, fruits and a choice of drinks (chinese tea, soda or coconut juice). The coconut juice I had was sour and had no white meat- so bad, I decided not to drink it. Because lunch was so boring, we decided to take a walk around the restaurant and there were pretty good views around this place.


I wouldn't go to this place if I didn't go there on a tour because the seafood really isn't fresh. But if you are just going on a tour package which offers low rates, this place isn't that bad. At least it's edible and fills you up.

Golden Prawn 933 
Jalan Bengkong Laut
Batam, Kepulauan Riau
Tel No: 778 411 138 

0 comments:

Post a Comment