Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodle

I think the reason Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodle has so many accolades and many people queuing up for their fishball noodles/bak chor mee is not because of their food, but because of the person cooking the food. According to some Google search, the person cooking it is Gilbert. Don't ask me how they know, they just somehow know his name.


But anyway, I eat to eat, and not to gawk at the person cooking my food. This place made me wonder what exactly made their stall so popular. Is it the fishball? In the small portion I ordered ($3.50), there were 2 fishballs. They were bouncy, but nothing spectacular. One piece of mushroom. Two or three pieces of fishcake. Lots of minced meat. One dumpling looking thing. And some veggies.


Sure, there was plenty of sauce to mix my noodles in, and lots of noodles for a $3.50 portion. But the fishball noodles completely fails to live up to its hype. I know it sounds like I'm over-simplifying this bowl of fishball noodle and not giving it due credit. But there's seriously nothing I would rave about. I'd rather look for a shorter queue and maybe get better food!


Ah Ter Teochew Fishball Noodle
Amoy Street Food Centre
7 Maxwell Road
#01-47

0 comments:

Post a Comment