Monday, January 16, 2012

Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Noodle

I went to Adam Road for lunch because I was in the vicinity. Seeing that the queue for nasi lemak was ridiculously long, I settled for the prawn noodles, which I haven't eaten in two years.


(photo credit: The Hungry Cow)

While excitedly waiting for my prawn noodles, I made a horrible mistake- I read reviews on my phone. Tonnes of negative reviews with a odd positive review sticking out like a sore thumb. But since my memory of it wasn't too bad the last time round, I persisted in eating the prawn mee.

Luckily it didn't disappoint, even after 2 years. Indeed, $5 for a bowl of prawn mee is pretty expensive, considering that it's hawker fare. But think of the number of prawns you get, the slurp-worthy soup, and maybe you would willingly fish that $5 out of your pocket.


The thing I hate most about eating prawn noodles is that it's very troublesome to remove the prawn head. Here they remove it for you leaving the tail. Oh, but I would love it even better if they could clear the intestines of the prawn instead of leaving it there- nothing harmful, just unsightly. Prawns weren't wonderfully fresh but it's fine. The soup is sweet, albeit too little. The pork rib in the soup was so tender then it almost snatched the limelight from the prawns and the soup. The kway teow (I don't really like the usual yellow noodles) was fine too. And for the healthy, you get added vegetables as bonus for visiting their store!

Yes, $5 might be a little steep for prawn mee although I found that it was worth every dollar. However, don't take my words for real because I eat prawn mee only occasionally so I don't know whether this stall is better than the rest. Prawn mee experts, please give your take!

Noo Cheng Adam Road Prawn Noodle 
2 Adam Road Stall 27
Adam Road Food Centre
Singapore
Tel: +65 9693 7961

0 comments:

Post a Comment