Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lola's Cafe

We can all talk about having dreams and aspirations- but how many of us actually put that into reality? It's therefore always impressive when young people decide to give it their all and push the boundaries. Set up by a couple who met on exchange in the Netherlands, this place was crowded when we visited on a Sunday afternoon. 


I ordered a Lola's Full Monty Breakfast ($15 nett). I thought the portion would be rather huge but it turns out to be just right. If there's anything that I remember about this dish, it's how all the meat has a sweet tinge to it- honey baked ham and honey bacon. The brioche was a little too small for my liking and the scrambled eggs a little too buttery for me.


I would say the food is decent but unless I'm in the Kovan area and craving brunch food, I wouldn't make a trip down just for the food. Service was friendly and interesting decor.

Lola's Cafe 
5 Simon Road
Tel No: 6 343 1808 

1 comments:

Great review, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to visit the places too. There is this map called CafeSG that lets you find all the local cafes in Singapore! Super useful for cafe hopping and to find cafes near home and workplace.

http://cafesg.bigspoon.sg/

Hope to see more reviews from you

Post a Comment