Saturday, July 27, 2013

Lehka Hlava (Prague)

Lehka Hlava is ranked #5 on Tripadvisor with lots of rave reviews- now, can somebody please explain to me what the big deal about this place is?

Vegetarian food pretty much appeals to my friend and me (although we don't intend to turn vegetarian any time soon). That, combined with the ranking of this restaurant on Tripadvisor made us walk through several alleys to get to this hidden restaurant, away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy streets. 


Once in there, you will see the beautifully designed restaurant. Little marbles, blue and white, were arranged meticulously below the glass covering the surface of the table. The music didn't really appeal to me though. It might have been some music they use to clear your head (Lehka Hlava means Clear Head) but the music actually made me want to leave the place.


Food wise, I ordered a Mushroom Risotto (175 CZK). The risottos I have eaten so far are moist. This, on the other hand, was pretty dry. I loved the combination of mushrooms they had in there- chanterelles, portabello, shitake and oyster mushrooms. But after a while, the taste of everything started getting a little monotonous.


Best to make your reservations here because every table had a "reserved" sign placed on it.

Lehka Hlava
Borsov 2/280
Prague 1 - Old Town

0 comments:

Post a Comment