Saturday, May 3, 2014

Flor Patisserie (Duxton Hill)

One thing that stuck in my mind after reading Jeffrey Steingarten's The Man Who Ate Everything was how he made it his personal mission to try everything even if he didn't like it. 

I try very hard to appreciate Japanese pastries but beyond the aesthetic beauty of these desserts, I just can't find a reason for me to say "Wow, this blew my mind". Nobody goes to Le Tao in Hokkaido without being impressed by the cheesecakes- well, except me. 

So, take this review with a pinch of salt if you are into Japanese desserts. 

Located on Duxton Hill, Flor Pastesserie occupies a very small shop space.  


A whole row of cakes beckons- Earl Grey, Napoleon etc.



I tried the Chocolate Noir ($7.85) because it was a safe choice. The Chocolate Millefeuille was topped with the beautifully piped 70% Dark Chocolate. The cake was light and fluffy.

However, perhaps it was the difficulty of trying to eat all the layers at the same time or maybe I just ain't a fan of cream- whatever the case, it just didn't felt like I would come back here for a second serving of this at this price.


Flor Pastisserie (Duxton Hill)
2 Duxton Hill
#01-01
Tel No: 6 223 8626 

0 comments:

Post a Comment