Sunday, May 11, 2014

Department of Caffeine

I'm not a caffeine person but ended up at Department of Caffeine anyway. 

On weekends, reservations are an absolutely must. Otherwise, be prepared to wait. 


I ordered a Fish Finger Sandwich ($14). This reminded me of the Fish Burger at Grub. Incredibly fluffy sandwich with a piece of deep fried (but not oily) fish in between. The texture of the fish was smooth and moist. To sum it up, this is a glam version of Fillet-O-Fish (costing several times the price of eating at Mcdonalds), but more moist, more satisfying and infinitely tastier.


I ordered a Latte ($5). Over the past few months, I have ordered coffee several times voluntarily, even though I still can't appreciate it. I have considered signing up for coffee-appreciation classes but decided that I wasn't going to allow myself to get potentially addicted to the caffeine. The smell of coffee lurking at every corner of CBD is honestly rather intoxicating. Friends tell me that sugar ruin the taste of coffee and I know lots of them who drink black coffee.

Million dollar question- what's the best way to really appreciate coffee?


Department of Caffeine
15 Duxton Road
Tel No. 6 223 3426 

0 comments:

Post a Comment