Friday, May 20, 2011

Messini Authentic Gyros (Toronto)

Disclaimer: This is the first time I'm trying Greek food. Therefore, i don't know how AUTHENTIC greek food tastes like. Nonetheless, i loved what i ate today!


The service was bad. It took five minutes before somebody bothered looking in my direction, and it was finally then that I could ask for a menu. I would have expected that the menu would come once I was seated. But from a fastfood style restaurant, I supposed I shouldn't have expected too much anyway.

That aside, I ordered the chicken pita gyros. The meat was done just right, not too dry. I also loved how the tzatziki complemented the meat well. And surprisingly, the fries were a welcome addition as well! The potato taste added to the richness of the gyros. Just that, six hours after eating that and after brushing my teeth, the taste still lingers.


In total, I paid $6 including taxes and tips- a real deal!

Rating: 3.8/5

Messini Authentic Gyros
445 Danforth Ave
Toronto, ON M4K 1P1
Canada

0 comments:

Post a Comment