Sunday, May 29, 2011

May's Fusion and Cuisine (Boston)

I went there all the way to try the food, after it got highly rated on a blog that I read. And it wasn't disappointing at all.

It's a little out of the way, although if you happen to be in the Grigg T station area, just drop by this place! I'd prefer to walk here when it's still bright though, somehow the location doesn't feel too safe.

I was the only customer when i went there on a weekday for dinner. The owner was playing with her niece. I asked her to recommend the best choice amongst three dishes. She immediately answered the udon with chicken, calamari and shrimp. I'm not sure whether if that's because it was the most expensive amongst the three choices, or whether because she genuinely thought so.

The udon came with three giant shrimps and they were very fresh. The soup base was also piping hot and healthy- no floating oil around. Just a refreshing taste. However, the good stuff stops there. The chicken and the calamari are nearly non-existent. I had to fish around, before I managed to find two pieces of calamari.


The dish sure tastes good, but for this price and the amount of ingredients I was given, I'm not sure whether it was only this dish that quality ingredients was skimped on.

Worth a try, because the food is good. Not sure whether the skimping on ingredients is across the board though!

Rating: 3.9/5

May's Fusion and Cuisine
95 Glenville Ave
Allston, MA 02134

0 comments:

Post a Comment