Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Purple Pig (Chicago)

Courtesy of a friend's friend, we were brought to The Purple Pig in Chicago.

Here's arguably one of the best eateries in Chicago. I'm not an adventurous eater and any kind of ingredients that sound like they shouldn't be together makes it feel like I shouldn't be eating it. But sometimes, stepping out of your comfort zone paves the way for a new eating experience.


Prosciutto Bread Balls

Pork Liver Pate

Chicken Thigh Kebabs, Fried Smashed Potatoes & Taztziki

Pork blade steak with 'Nduja and Honey.


By now, you would have realised that I didn't write any individual reviews about the food here, because all I have is a vague recollection of the food. There are just some that leave a very strong impression and some that don't. It's not that the food is not good, I distinctly remember it being very interesting and not that weird after all. In fact, I remember telling my friend about how it's been a good dining experience.

But to keep to the true spirit of the blog of being 100% honest, this is as good as it gets. Maybe it's for the pictorial thrill, or just for the sake of itching to write on my side. I wished I could remember how it tasted!

500 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Tel No: 312 464 1744

0 comments:

Post a Comment