Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trattoria Lafiandra

Well, the Restaurant Week in Singapore was a bit of a letdown overall. There's always a basis for comparison. And here, I'm comparing it to the Restaurant Week in Boston, where I chomped away at a few places, including Atlantic Fish Company, probably one of the best food I've eaten, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

If the standard of the food today I had at Trattoria Lafiandra today was anything to go by, it's still a long way to go for a Restaurant Week of world class standards. In the first place, it's so difficult to get a reservation and card holders have special priority, while the rest of us are left trying to take the leftovers of other's- eating's supposed to be an inclusive affair, no? In any case, the menu has very limited options as well- things that normally don't appear on the menu- an attempt at saving costs?

Pumpkin soup was not overly creamy and sweet.

This was the linguine with fish. I suspect the fish must have been swimming somewhere else in the Atlantic ocean, because I only ate two minute pieces of fish, and spent the rest of the time hoping that some fish would miraculously swim to me. The sauces and linguine were cooked well, but this feels like a slipshod attempt in cooking something with fish as its focal concern. In any case, the fish was soft and very ordinary.

Panna cotta was the only dessert option available. And I don't eat panna cotta because of its overwhelming sugar and milk. But that's my personal bias, so don't take my word for it.


Overall, this place has a nice atmosphere. The service wasn't as bad as what other reviewers had described, perhaps because we had different servers. But the selection and quality of the food was a letdown- better luck next time!

71 Bras Basah Road
#01-02
Singapore Art Museum
Tel: +65 6884 4035

0 comments:

Post a Comment