Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice

I don't eat chicken rice that often because of that long lasting taste that garlic leaves in my mouth. So, when I do, I make sure I go for good chicken rice. Today, I decided to try Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice. There was a queue which took about 15 minutes for me to reach the front. 


Seeing that everybody in front of me opted for the Steamed White Chicken Rice ($2.50, $3.50 option available), I decided to get that as well. Honestly, that isn't something that I would risk having garlicky breath over. The rice is passable and the meat is tender. The rather spicy chilli sauce complements the chicken well. However, I'm not accustomed to the taste of the soup.

Also, there's just something missing about the chicken- smoothness and chewiness factor. Compared to Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, I would opt for Tian Tian.


Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice
Tiong Bahru Market and Food Centre
30 Seng Poh Road
#02-82 

4 comments:

Agreed however tian tian has too much msg which gives me a headache (allegy). There is another good one at sterling road market. Henry chicken rice. Try it some time.

if i get the chance to go to sterling road market, i'll try it! thanks for the recommendation!

no mention :)
there's wanton noodles, porridge, yong tau foo to try too.
around the market there is cze char and econ fried noodles (their chicken wings best best). lunch time better choice to visit this place. cheers !

I laughed when I saw the chicken breast meat in the photo. My parents (Teochews) taught me that it is also known as "ter ba" meaning "stupid meat"... I would never patronise a "boneless" chicken meat stall unless they serve portions with bones on my request.

Post a Comment