Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Saveur (Far East Plaza)

It has been more than a year ago since I visited Saveur located at Purvis Street. Now, they have a new branch at Far East Plaza! I went on New Year's eve at lunch time and while the place was packed, there were no queues forming, probably due to the efficiency of the staff. 


The decor here looks different from what I remembered of Saveur at Purvis street. As opposed to the white washed walls at Purvis Street, this place looks more chic.


I ordered the Duck Leg Confit ($12.90). I can't help but note how much prices have increased since 2012- it was then $8.90. Nonetheless, this is still affordable although this is clearly insufficient not enough to make me full.

The duck meat tore apart the moment the knife came into contact with it. The citrus taste of the oranges and the flavourful mushrooms were perfect with the duck (with crispy skin, I should add) which was set on a bed of mashed potatoes done just right- no lumps, not too dilute. Only gripe is that I found the duck a little too salty.


It used to be more value for money in the past. Nonetheless, service and location are a draw for this restaurant.

Saveur 
Far East Plaza
14 Scotts Road
#01-07B
Singapore 228213
Tel No: 6736 1121 

0 comments:

Post a Comment