Friday, July 29, 2011

In the Spirit of National Day

It's going to be National Day soon. Unfortunately, there are no tickets for us to watch the parade this year! It's okay, I'll comfort myself by listening to my favourite National Day songs over the past few years. And try to get a glimpse of the fireworks, blocked by all the ugly buildings in front of me.
By the way, while I was googling Sing Singapore, I came across a funny Wikipedia entry, titled: List of Singaporean Patriotic Songs. I'm not sure if I'm really comfortable calling them Patriotic Songs. But what I know is that I grew up with these songs, singing them since primary school. The days where you hold a sheet of lyrics in your hands, and sing it like your life depended on it. No, it's not because if you didn't sing you'd get corporal punishment or something.

It's because, Singapore's my home!





0 comments:

Post a Comment