Monday, May 14, 2012

The Cheesecake Factory (San Francisco)

If you had read my earlier post on Cheesecake Factory, you would know that I really adore (or rather, used to adore) Cheesecake Factory. Its portions are really huge and filling. But this time, the disappointment was also dished in a large portion. This was made worse by the fact that I was anticipating an even better experience this time round due to the location.


The queues here can get really long. We arrived at around 645 pm and had to wait for around 45 minutes for a party of 2. So we did what the others did- walk around in Macy's till the beeper goes off. It was a pity that they no longer serve my favourite portabello mushroom burger. Apparently, there was a menu overhaul and I'm not sure if the prices have changed although I have a feeling that the prices increased.

The usual bread as a prelude to the meal.


I ordered the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich. Stingy is the last word to describe Cheesecake Factory. The pulled pork, coleslaw and fries came in abundance. But there is no use in loading up on the quantity of food, if I'm going to deal with extra salty food. Did you just pour a whole bottle of BBQ sauce into that pulled pork?


We also ordered the Incredible Grilled Eggplant Sandwich. Abundance describes this dish very well too. But, what's so incredible about this eggplant sandwich? The eggplant was hard and I really do not see what is so incredible about this sandwich.


The views outdoors are precisely what I was looking forward to.


The dining experience was a large letdown because of the quality of the food. Service was attentive although that doesn't salvage the situation. The prices here are pretty decent (even though it seems like there has been a hike) and you might want to come here, only if you would like to have a good night view of Union Square.


251 Geary St 8th Fl (between Powell St & Stockton St)
San Francisco, CA 94102
Tel No: (415) 391-4444

0 comments:

Post a Comment