Monday, July 9, 2012

Ah Heng Curry Chicken Bee Hoon Mee (Hong Lim)

My first memories of curry noodles started when I was in secondary school. Every Thursday, they would sell curry noodles and I would definitely queue for it. Today, I tried the famous Ah Heng Curry Chicken Bee Hoon Mee. In prices of $3.50, $4.50 or $5.50, I opted for the smallest bowl. You can also choose from different types of noodles.


Don't go there without a packet of tissue paper. First, to wipe your perspiration from the spicy gravy. Second, to wipe the curry away from your mouth. Third, what else? To chope seat!

I haven't tasted curry noodles as spicy as this. The gravy is very slurp-worthy (those who are watching their waistlines please don't eat this) and is completely absorbed by the thinly sliced tau pok. There are also other ingredients, such as potato, chicken and fishcake. They don't skimp on the ingredients. The uncle also makes it a point not to scoop the layer of oil in the big pot into the individual pots.


For $3.50, this portion was just right for me although those with bigger appetites should get a bigger bowl. I was lucky to get my food within 5 minutes before the queue got long. But there's usually a queue so run to Hong Lim to get your food! Tasty and worth its price.

Ah Heng Curry Chicken Bee Hoon Mee 
Hong Lim Food Centre
Block 531A Upper Cross Street
#02-58
Tel No: 9243 0601 

2 comments:

My fav curry chicken noodle! Feeling hungry now:p

haha tried the curry noodles for the first time that day! shiok!

Post a Comment