Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Australia Dairy Company 澳洲牛奶公司 (Hong Kong)

The queues were incredibly long when we reached Australia Dairy Company. We went at lunch time but the queues moved really quickly so that was good. Within half an hour or so, we got a seat in the shop. 


We later found out the reason for the fast turnover rate. This place screams of efficiency and maximisation. Tables are so packed such that you wouldn't see an empty seat in it, menus are placed on the tables so that waiters don't have to waste their time and all it takes is a blink for your plate to disappear the moment you put down your chopsticks after finishing the last bit of food. It was a highly stressful experience where you feel like you have to eat quickly and get out quickly. 


I ordered a lunch set (30 HKD) which consisted of butter toast, ham with two eggs (scrambled/fried), macaroni/spaghetti with char siew and coffee/tea. The macaroni with char siew came first. The soup was a little salty and the char siew (BBQ pork) tasted nearly artificial. I couldn't really taste the meat shreds in the meat.


The toasts were lightly buttered and the bread was toasted nicely and was fluffy. The eggs were runny and I was okay with that, although my friend wished it were more cooked. Ham was pretty normal as well.

I didn't finish my coffee because it was too milky.


I found this place really overhyped. But then again, it may be because I didn't ask for the famous scrambled egg. Also, it's known for its milk tea (which I don't drink) and it's steamed egg white pudding (with ginger). While some may perceive their staff as being rude, I think it's just part of the need to keep this food machinery working.

Australia Dairy Company 澳洲牛奶公司
47-49 Parkes Street
Near Jordan MTR
Tel No: 2730 1356
Hong Kong 

0 comments:

Post a Comment