Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Handburger (Raffles City Shopping Centre)

The first time I went to The Handburger, it was at the 313 branch. (Click here for the review.) After that dinner, we bought another Groupon and decided to visit the Raffles City branch. 


Since I was deciding between the Duck Confit and Battered Dory the last time (and Duck Confit won), I decided to get the Battered Dory this time.



I chose the mushroom soup (other choices include salad and fries) to go with the Battered Dory Burger ($15.80) because I liked the mushroom soup the last time I drank it. Large portion, chunky mushrooms and lots of flavour.

I'm glad I chose the Battered Dory burger. Two large pieces of dory fish topped with spicy tartare. There were also lotus root crisps, lettuce and tomato, served on a toasted honey wholewheat multigrain bun. The fish was deep fried nicely and not too oily. I didn't find the tartare spicy at all though. It was my first time eating lotus root crisps and I suppose it's no secret that anything deep fried can taste great!


Unlike me, my friend who ordered the NZ Kiwi Burger ($13.80) didn't like the beef because of the meat quality. He said that there were even some hard unknown stuff in the beef.

Well, I suppose the mantra here is then to Choose your Food Wisely.

Service was average, nothing fantastic. There was surprisingly no queue though, I suppose the Groupon frenzy is now over!

The Handburger 
Raffles City Shopping Centre
252 North Bridge Road
#B1-65/66
Tel: +65 6334 4577

0 comments:

Post a Comment