Thursday, August 4, 2011

Everything With Fries (Joo Chiat)

I must have gone to Everything with Fries for something like 5 or 6 times already. It has a chillax atmosphere, with young servers with great attitude. I went there yesterday with my friend, D.



Whatever you order here comes with fries. You can choose from a variety of seasoning, including garlic and herbs, sour cream and onion, curry and salt&vinegar.

Tandoori Chicken Sandwich
I ordered the tandoori chicken sandwich along with garlic and herbs fries. It's my favourite dish at Everything with Fries. The thing is that, given that I am very picky with my food, it seems like the only other option I could choose from the menu, besides what D subsequently chose. I love the tandoori chicken sandwich here because of its char-grilled taste. Plus, the bread was toasted to the right consistency, accompanied with the sauce that had the right amount of tang. The garlic and herbs fries tasted like the seasoning on potato chips- lots of MSG you can be sure of that, but delicious nonetheless.


Now a short random aside from my tandoori chicken sandwich story. D and I have known each other theoretically for 15 years, and practically for 9 years. So, being the very awesome friend she is, she decided to contribute a review to her fish burger as well, since this blog depends on true reviews from the people who try the food.

Battered Fish Sandwich

D had the battered fish sandwich with sour cream & onion fries. And this what she thinks:

The portion looked pretty generous - a big chunk of fish encased in a hot dog style bun. But size does not always = quality. The bulk of the 'fish' was made up of the batter that was crispy but a little too salty for me. There was also a cheesy mushroom sauce drizzled on top of the fish, which complimented the (albeit sad portion) of fish quite nicely. Didn't try the bread but it looked quite soft and springy!

The SC&O shoestring fries were comparable to the yummy old school MacD's Shaker Fries The seasoning is probably MSG spammed but addictive nonetheless!


Nutella Tart

I've tried the famed nutella tart prior to this trip, and it was SO SINFUL. (too bad I didn't take pictures then) Everything with Fries was set up by the same people who set up Awfully Chocolate, were you really expecting anything less?

Overall, I think I will still bring my friends to this place, and maybe tell them to give the fish a miss. But other than that, this is a great place to chill out and have a great conversation!

Everything with Fries
458 Joo Chiat Road
Tel: +65 6345 5034

40 Lorong Mambong
Holland Village
Singapore 277695
Tel: +65 6463 3741

0 comments:

Post a Comment